The Curve4 BLEND Tool will ship in the full release expected near the end of this year. It is not available in the initial Curve4 VERIFY release.
Full details regarding the new features and upgraded functions will be available here before it ships. In the meantime we can mention some features:
The BLEND tool is a group of functions to combine, massage and process color measurements so you can build the best ICC profiles possible (among other things).
Some of the features planned for BLEND include:
- White Point Adaptation
- Alter the white point of your measurements using SCCA-like calculations.
- Smoothing & Smart Averaging
- The same technology that powers Curve's VPR function can be applied to spectral measurement data. This multi-dimensional smoothing function is a very effective method of improving measurements by minimizing measurement noise and other sources of error that only serve to lower ICC profile quality. BLEND will also allow several methods of averaging multiple measurements together.
- Apply Curves
- Curves created in the CALIBRATE Tool can be applied to measurement sets for Virtual Press Run (VPR) simulation. This function is also available in the CALIBRATE Tool itself.
- and other cool things to come...